Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it..and I'm building an Ark.

Day 38 right? This has to be day 38 of the great flood that will overtake the planet and turn our world into Waterworld minus Kevin Costner's brilliant performance. It's been a long arduous wincing...that is winter and spring mixed together, wincing. The flowers have a hard time blooming when they are being doused with rain forest water. Suddenly the ecosystem in Southern Oregon has turned into New Zealand, once again minus the Hobbits. It has been almost two months since my last blog and I'm sure if there were such a thing as cyber dust I would have had to wipe this blog down with some pledge to start up another post.

A lot has changed to keep me from posting. The primary reason is my computer took a dive which has left me netless. Walking the world without the net is kind of invigorating. Sure I have my smart phone (which those of you who have seen the See's candy phone know the only thing smart about it is that I keep it hidden), but it is difficult to blog on a tiny phone without going crazy unless of course those New Zealand Hobbits spring up in this new ecosystem and then I have a new labor force. I missed writing. It has been a while since I have typed on a keypad that wasn't work related. I find myself with great blog ideas that fizzle in the day to day and dissipate like the sun dissipated from our atmosphere.

Many good things have happened since I've last posted. I met an amazing girl and have been spending a lot of time with her. She is someone who laughs as much as me and doesn't take herself too seriously. Huge qualities that never grow old. She also draws little hearts on my Americanos which I am drinking right now. I'm still employed and doing pretty well at my job. It's been a fun place to work lately and I appreciate my position though I'm definitely open to a promotion anytime soon. I see the folks in a couple of weeks and I look forward to that. I think I have amazing parents who sacrifice so much and I only hope I can be half the parent and son to them that they are to their parents one day.

I though I had more to say but I realize that time away doesn't necessarily guarantee the flood gates of thought will spring forth. Well there be flooding of something and for that I'll get back to that Ark building, but until then see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment